- A skimmer at a gas station steals your credit card information and duplicates are sent all over the state.
- A thief impersonates you to apply for a new loan or credit card.
- A felon commits a crime and uses your name and information when apprehended.
- Your child’s Social Security number becomes compromised and the thief creates an entirely new identity; severely affecting your child’s financial future.
Protecting Our Members
All members of Fort Financial Credit Union are eligible for fully-managed identity fraud research, remediation and recovery, performed by certified, licensed recovery advocates, if identity fraud is known or even suspected. Should you experience a compromise of your personal information, contact Fort Financial Credit Union for assistance immediately. We will put you in touch with a recovery advocate who will do the work for you to restore your identity. In addition, if an eligible family member experiences an identity fraud event, he or she is covered too.
Eligible Family Members:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Dependents under age 25 with the same permanent address — even if they are in college or the military
- Any other IRS qualified dependents
- Parents with the same permanent address — living at home or in elder care (nursing home, assisted living, hospice, etc.)
- Plus, all covered family members are covered up to 12 months after death — an important feature as identity fraud affecting deceased individuals is very common.
As an added service, we have arranged for the professional identity fraud research, remediation and recovery benefits to extend beyond just accounts with us to cover all types of identity fraud — this includes both financial and non-financial fraud, such as:
- Medical fraud
- Bank and credit card fraud
- Government documents and benefits fraud
- Employment fraud
- Phone and utilities fraud
- And many more
Identity Recovery Services
If you suspect identity fraud, or if your personal information becomes compromised, contact Fort Financial Credit Union at (260) 432-1561 and we will securely submit your case. A personal recovery advocate will contact you directly by phone within one business day. Or you may contact the Recovery Care Center directly at (866) 647-6223. Your dedicated professional recovery advocate will complete the legwork on your behalf to research and remediate all identity fraud incidents and restore your identity to pre-event status — no matter how long it takes!
Depending on your identity fraud incident, these efforts may include:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate).
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus.
- Write letters and make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information.
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents.
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals.
- Follow up for 12 months after recovery.
Should you lose, misplace or have stolen an important document or credential, a recovery advocate will help you replace them. This service covers credit cards, licenses and other government-issued documents, just to name a few. Call Fort Financial Credit Union at (260) 432-1561 or visit https://fortfinancialcu.merchantsinfo.com to learn more.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance
This added protection is available to cover out-of-pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process, up to a maximum of $10,000.*
You have the option to purchase additional identity fraud protection services. These packages are available for all members, including those who may not already have identity fraud protection available through Fort Financial Credit Union. Available additional services include:
- Fully-managed identity recovery
- Credit monitoring
- Credit report and score
- Additional expense reimbursement insurance
Visit https://fortfinancialcu.merchantsinfo.com for more information and to purchase one of the available packages today.
Account Fee Notification
Beginning the last day of the month you join Fort Financial, a monthly account fee of $0.95 will be added to your primary share account to offset costs of these services. You will see this account fee reflected on your statement as a “Security Fee.” If you have any questions about the fee or wish to cancel this account, please call (260) 432-1561.
Are You Already Working With a Recovery Advocate?
Log in to your personal Identity Care Account and view details and status of your recovery.
Terms and Conditions for Identity Recovery Services
- Your eligibility for the IDSafeChoice Services (“Services”) is based on owning a share account with Fort Financial Credit Union. You have NOT been registered with a third party and no consumer information was used for the implementation or management of these Services.
- Services are offered through a group services contract with Fort Financial Credit Union and are extended to accountholders at the discretion of Fort Financial Credit Union. Services may be cancelled upon 30 days’ notice to the accountholder. You are entitled to the Services only while you own a covered account at Fort Financial Credit Union or you otherwise meet the eligibility requirements established by Fort Financial Credit Union.
- There is no fee for using the Services; however, the account to which the Services is attached may have a monthly fee, based on the provisions of the agreement that the accountholder has with the financial institution sponsor.
- Services extend to all named accountholders of covered accounts, their spouse or domestic partner, dependents in the household up to age 25, other IRS-qualified dependents in the household, and parents living at the same address as the accountholder, or living in hospice, assisted living, or nursing home. All eligible family members are covered for up to 12 months after death.
- Services have no cash equivalent, are non-transferable, and are non-cancelable (except in the event of termination of the Group Plan).
- The Services do not cover reimbursement of financial losses of any kind arising from the identity theft.
- Eligibility for the Services is based on identity theft events that are discovered and reported to Fort Financial Credit Union on or after the effective date of the Services.
- Identity Theft is defined as fraud that involves the use of a consumer’s name, address, Social Security number, bank or credit/debit card account number, or other identifying information without the knowledge of the consumer, and such information is used to commit fraud or other crimes.
- Fort Financial Credit Union and/or its service provider of the identity theft recovery services cannot be held responsible for failure to provide or for delay in providing services when such failure or delay is caused by conditions beyond its control.
- Services may be refused or terminated if it is deemed that the accountholder or eligible family member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan. Services will not be refused or terminated due to the complexity of a case.
- THE SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE CREDIT COUNSELING OR REPAIR TO CREDIT NOT AFFECTED BY FRAUD OR IDENTITY THEFT.
- The Services are only available to residents of the United States. Identity recovery is only performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territories where U.S. law applies.
*Identity theft insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. The information provided is a program summary. Please refer to the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage forms for additional information including details of benefits, specific exclusions, terms, conditions, and limitations of coverage. Coverage is currently not available to residents of the state of New York and may not be available in other U.S. territories or jurisdictions in the future.