In today’s high tech world, we are able to do things more quickly and conveniently, whether it is accessing your accounts, paying bills, shopping or even applying for a loan. With the increase in speed and convenience also come increased risks.
At Fort Financial, the security of member information and online security is a priority. While we use advanced technological tools to protect you, it is also very important that you take steps to keep your personal and financial information secure when conducting transactions online. We have documented some of the steps taken by Fort Financial to safeguard your security and also included some measures you, the member, may consider.
How Fort Financial Protects You:
- Access to Internet Banking requires your member number and a unique password. A secret image has been added to the site to assure you it is a legitimate website. This information along with any interaction and/or transaction performed is encrypted during transmission.
- Fort Financial provides enhanced login security which significantly increases your level of protection. Not only will your password and user ID be recognized, but your computer will be recognized as well. If we don’t recognize your computer – you’ve logged in from a public computer or one you haven’t used before – you will be prompted to provide information that only you will know.
- Fort Financial’s Internet Banking platform will log you off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Internet Banking systems are protected 24 hours a day by a variety of security measures to include firewalls that block unauthorized entry.
- Throughout your Internet Banking session, from login to transaction activity to log-off, all interactions are encrypted between your browser and the web server.
How to Keep Yourself Safe in Cyberspace and on Mobile Devices:
- It’s important to create a strong password. This can be accomplished by using a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters. Never disclose your password.
- Never open email, click on a link or download a file from an unknown source.
- Keep your antivirus, firewall, spyware blocking software up-to-date.
- Keep your operating system safe by updating it with security patches on a regular basis.
- Do not reveal personal information via email or texting.
- Logoff from a site when you are done rather than just closing the page.
- Password protect all mobile devices and never leave the device unattended.
Please remember, Fort Financial will NEVER request your personal identifying information through an email or unsolicited telephone call. Fort Financial may inquire about your electronic banking credentials if you initiate contact and express online banking problems.
Read the Online Banking FAQ for more information.