With PAL (Phone Answer Line) you can access:
- Savings and Checking accounts
- General & product information
- Money Market accounts (ex. CIA)
Find out information on:
- Current/available balances
- Dividends paid
- Paid/outstanding checks
- ATM transactions
- Account history
Additionally you can:
- Transfer funds
- Draw from your line of credit
- Make cross member transfers
How do I use it?
- Call (260) 432-1561 or (800) 837-3262. (Please note: you must use a touchtone phone.)
- Once the automated teller answers, press the number 2 to get into the PAL system.
- Enter your member number.
- Next, enter your access code/PIN. (Please note: the first time you use the PAL system your PIN will be the last 4 digits of the account’s primary member’s Social Security number.)
- Once your account has been accessed, enter the code for the type of transaction you would like to perform. Be sure to follow the instructions given by the automated teller for each step.
You can always use the (*) key to repeat the menu selections.
Basic menu options
- Account and loan inquiries (enter 1)
- Payments, transfers and withdrawals (enter 2)
- To access a different member number and other activities (enter 3)
- Credit union assistance (enter 0)
- Disconnect (enter 5)
Use the (*) key to return to the previous menu.
- Regular Savings (1)
- Checking (2)
- Money Market (ex. CIA) (3)
- Special Savings (10)
- Christmas Club (11)
- Regular Loans (121)
- Line of Credit (141)
- Certificate and Share Secured Loans (143)
- Mortgages (171)
Check your monthly statement for the correct account numbers for your account(s).
Tips for using PAL:
- After the first time you access PAL, we recommend, for security purposes, that you change your access code/PIN. At the main menu, enter 3 to get into the Other Activities menu, select and enter 4, and follow the instructions.
- Enter dollar amounts without using decimals (ex. $50.00 will be 5000).
- Use the (*) key to return to the previous menu.
- It is OK to interrupt the Phone Access Teller by simply pressing the number corresponding to the selection you wish to access.
Member Liability for Unauthorized Persons
If you believe your access code/PIN has been stolen or used by an unauthorized person, you MUST report this to us at once. You may also want to change your PIN immediately by directly calling PAL and making the change. Telephoning is the best way to keep losses to a minimum. If you notify us within 2 (two) business days and during that time someone uses your account without your permission, you can lose no more than $50.
If you do not notify us within 2 (two) business days after your learn of the theft of your access code/PIN and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using your PIN without your permission if you had notified us, you could lose up to $500.
If your statement shows transfers that you did not make, notify us at once. If you do not notify us within 60 days after the statement was mailed, you may not get the money you lost if we can prove that had we been notified, we could have stopped someone from using your PIN to take your money illegally.
This disclosure is pursuant to the Federal Electronic Funds Transfer Regulation. The use of your PAL access code/PIN is subject to the stated regulations covering the rights and liabilities of the user and Fort Financial Credit Union.
Credit Union Liability
We are liable for any losses or damages you may incur if we do not properly complete a transfer to or from your account according to our agreement with you, with these exceptions:
We are NOT liable if, through no fault of the Credit Union, your account does not contain enough money to make a transfer; or if PAL was not working properly and you were aware of this when you began the transaction.
What Constitutes a Business Day?
Our business days are Monday through Friday. We reserve the right to change our business days, hours and the days we are closed. We will notify you in advance if and when we make such changes. If you make a deposit through a Fort Financial ATM before 2:00 PM on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit through a Fort Financial ATM after 2:00 PM or on a non-business day, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.